tldr; If you don't know about this post of Michael Hyatt, then you should give it a try. There are steps to design your ideal week: select a theme for each day, divide the day into focus areas and colorize your activities. In this post I'll walkthrough you to achieve the same thing with idealweek, and what idealweek can do better your sheets
If you don't want to read, then below is the summary video for this:
There are a few terms that you should find yourself familiar with before start.
- Day segment is similar to focus area in the post.
- Goal is what you want to achieve.
- Category is a group of similar goals.
- Repeated events is similar to what google calendar has.
Step 1: Define your focus areas by category
- Click on the + (plus) button on category selector at left corner of the screen.
- Type in your focus areas.
- Click on the icon to change icon and color for the category.
Step 2: Add day segments
- On calendar view, click on more icon on the bottom right of the screen.
- Enable 'Show category day segment'.
- Drag your category to a desired time. Move or resize it to fit your need.
Step 3: Plan your goals
- Select a category on the category selector to filter all the goals belongs to this.
- Drag these goals to a desired time slot with the same category color. You'll know that it does not belongs to the right segment if there is color difference.
What idealweek can do better your sheets?
- Super easy to change the day segments to fit your need.
- Can plan goals to day segments week by week, the sheet will not be suitable to do this.
- Your plan will be available with you anytime on your mobile devices.
- Get notification with your devices, how can the sheet do this?
- Get report on your week.
- Save papers, save woods, save the world!